Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Mature Fashion: Fall/Winter 2016

Hello Stylinistas;


As you know from past posts, I eagerly await the seasonal Fashion Week runway shows in order to plan my clothing purchases and wardrobe storage updates.  The shows began on February 11th, and I have been copiously taking notes, printing off inspirational pictures, etc. 

Although Fashion Week is not over yet, I am confident in my evaluations of the shows. (Isn't it wonderful that we can sit in front of our computer and have front row seating for every designer who has a collection on the runway?).  This fall/winter season has fashion desirable for absolutely EVERYBODY !  Vogue has catagorized 43 different fashion trends!! (BTW, I recommend any serious stylinista watch at least one or two to give you inspiration on the "look")

I am simply catagorizing my closet collection under the umbrella titled "Decades", and will have updated looks from the 20s,50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 

Almost all of the elements from this fall (2015) are still going strong; leather, suede, animal prints, textured hose, transparency, lace, cut-outs, black and white, fantastic prints, clunky boots, etc, etc, etc.  Colors are bolder than ever, pouring over into fun furs.  Lace up boots, flat and heeled, a return of the Courreges (sp?)  style white boots of my early twenties. Angelina Jolie slits, layers of garments so thick it reminds me of "homeless dressing".  The narrow belts used in past seasons have given way to wide belts and the rows of buttons have bigger buttons this coming fall. Turtle necks are bigger than ever with heavily textured sweaters.  Jewelry items were almost non existent but scarves and embellished pointed collars and dangling ribbon type ties were used by many designers. Oversized clothing and men's look comfortable shoes abound.!...so do over the knee boots and slip dresses that really look like vintage slips!

The large fanciful prints were just plain fun!! Very Alice in Wonderland, or rather Haight Ashbury of my youth.  Many of the small prints heavily used in the collections reminded me of a modern Gunne Sax dress, especially when worn with the updated boots and textured hose. A-line filmy skirts were worn with leather jackets (more moto than the fringed suede of the 70's but there was some of that too) to give an updated vibe to the styling.

The one "must have" garment that simply stands out is the Navy style pea coat or reefer. If you don't have one, I suggest you might want to add it now; it is a classic. 

I am almost finished with the viewing, etc. and am beginning the task  of creating my own closet collections for next fall and planning any purchases I may have to make. I already know I want the white boots!!

Happy styling.......I will be sharing my own fall 2016 closet collections shortly......

                                    Geneva.................Rockmyages@aol.com






No comments:

Post a Comment