Sunday, October 4, 2015

Rocking Animal Prints

Dear fellow "stylinista."...


Welcome to "Rock My Runwaay"  This blog is an expansion of my blog " Rock My Ages, dedicated to style and fashion conscious (they are two different things!) women over forty who may or may not be disabled. This post demonstrates a few combinations I am wearing this season to combine animal prints into the 2015 fall fashion season. (I included a couple of late summer wear because it has been so hot). 


The ensemble to my left is using a leopard animal print handbag.  It gives a little edge to the taupe lacy cotton/poly
cardigan sweater worn over a elbow length black silk top. Straight legged pants in a complimentary taupe shade worn with nude patent low heels, "statement" necklace, gold studded metallic leather belt, and over/under earrings complete this look that is fashionable, comfortable, and does not overwhelm. Lace and leopard; hard and soft. 
The vibrant green polyester jungle print lavishly covered with zebra stripe and black and white window pane slip on sneakers turn up the fashion volume on this pairing of a simple black linen jacket and trousers.  A irregular strand of large bewa pearls and a white purse complete this outfit.  Simple but right on trend. This combination
of clothing encompasses a purse that is at least twenty years old, a blouse that is several seasons old, pants and jacket that are too old to remember; same with the jewelry.  I only added the sneakers to update the look and I got them at a 50% off sale. I just love it when I
don't have to spend much money to feel fresh and modern.


This outfit rocks both animal print and leather.  Two years ago I saw the red snakeskin pants and just had to have them.  I wore this outfit back then, and I will wear it again this season.  Its look will remain on trend with the turtle neck sweater, the Chrome Hearts handbag, and the starfish pendant.  I will exchange the black leather riding boots for a pair of ankle boots with a low heel and a zipper.  I will feel right in style with just a simple change of shoes that I already have in my closet.
In this combination I chose to bend my own rule of not using too much of an accent color or print in one wearing. (see what i mean about "it depends"?) Every item in this outfit is a leopard print, mostly in a subdued color or print. The silky cocoa shirt with the small chocolate spots, the darker chocolate straight legged pants with the larger spots, and the matching bag and wedge shoes kept the prints in proportion.  I could push this a bit with a leopard beanie type hat and a leopard scarf that that I might also wear in inclement weather.  I'm not sure about that until I try it on. In any event, the outfit is original and suits my style.  I will feel good wearing it; once again, no new purchase to complete this look that is runway worthy.
I love this outfit.  I wore it last fall and received one or more compliments from strangers every time I wore it.  It will work very well into this season's fashions, although if I had a top and bottom in the right shade of teal, I would pair the vest with the teal, 

I am accessorizing with biker ankle boots with a tread sole and the traditional buckles on the side, the Birken style medium navy handbag with royal blue shading on its faux aligator motif, and a Greek billed cap complete this look.  I will wear no jewelryu at all except  my ring and simple white gold (or silver) button earrings.

If the occasion demands a more dressy look, I will wear simple medium heeled ankle boots.




A leopard coat so old that it qualifies for vintage; the first time I wore it was with a knee length funnel neck pullover dress with long raglan sleeves.  I accessorized with a leopard print belt, high heel leopard shoes and a leopard handbag.  I was in the height of the current fashion (we always had to match our shoes to our purse).  I saw the same combination on a 20 something woman last fall and it did not quite work; it LOOKED dated.

This combination combines monotone camel in the cashmere sweater, slim legged pants, and my camel ankle boots with the sculptured heel.  I am accessorizing with the Camel calfskin leather structured purse, two dainty geometric layered gold chains and ear crawler post gold earrings, and depending on weather, I will add black & tan driving gloves and camel scarf. 
The python skin print skinny pants and the python purse (birthday present to self) punch up the slate gray v neck sweater layered over a silk turtleneck sweater and worn with  gray suede wedge heeled boots from two seasons ago.  I will further accessorize with a rustic astrological goat pendant (Aries-ram and goat are interchangeable) worn on a silver chain and silver over and under post earrings.

Depending upon the weather I may wear a black faux leather fishermans hat, a charcoal cashmere scarf, and black gloves worn with an appropriate black jacket or coat. 




Note I am showing two choices of shoes, depending upon the occasion and weather. The snake skin loafers complete a monotone bottom, thereby lengthening the look of my leg.  This of course, is also true of the wedge heels in the previous picture. (How to maximize and minimize elements of one's figure will be discussed in posts by rockmyfigure.blogspot.com soon to be added to the "rockmy" blogs.)




One of the highlights of the 2015 spring/summer fashion shows was the use of the color orange, especially by designers such as Ralph Lauren (a personal favorite).  Amal Clooney was shown wearing this combination of colors in the form of a knit dress python high heels, etc.  I loved the combination and came up with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment